About Me

I am lost, but found.

I wonder of all the adventures I have taken so far, and how many else lay in my fate.

I hear the crashes of the sea, the morning prayer calls, and the soft whistle of breeze, but today, I just want to focus on listening to my own little breaths

I see the colors of the of the dying sun, but I don’t want it to die out so fast. There’s more to see.

I want to feel these moments and to let the wind drag me to places I’ve never seen nor heard of.

Plant my feet to a place I belong.

I am lost, but found.

I know the ways, the roads but in fact I’m just letting myself end up wherever these unknown roads lead to.

I now think, what am I going to do when I land in an unknown space. Who will be waiting on the other end of these unknown roads.

I feel my heart racing with excitement when I step foot on the sandy sidewalks of my birth town, Karachi, Pakistan.

I know I’m home for sure.

I touch my forehead to the soft surface of my prayer mat as I kneel down before my Lord and ask Him to grant me strength and resilience to face any obstacles that may block my path. 

I know I have found peace for sure.

I worry, what if I’m not good enough?

But, I know I am.

What if I’m not capable nor confident enough at life?

But life is the definition of confidence and without it, there’s no life.

I cry over my mistakes of the past that I hope to never repeat again; harsh and brutal they were. 

Today, I’m sure that I will never be that person again to make such foolish mistakes.

I am lost, but found.

I understand life isn’t perfect, but neither am I. 

This will not stop me from reaching my potential.

I tell myself each day that I need to be better than yesterday and ready for tomorrow.

Today, I feel confident. 

I dream to stand firm on my feet one day, to chase my ambitions and find a destination. 

Perhaps I have found where I wish to stand.

I am lost, but found. Let life drag me away to a place I can claim as mine, because I am still a bit lost, but I do know that I have found myself amidst the chaos. 

I am Faryal Syed. 

I believe that I have found myself in the sense that I know where I want to take my life, what adventures I want to step foot in and how I want to lead my life. Life is unpredictable so I will always be a bit lost due to any circumstances that may come my way  which can present themselves as opportunities or even as obstacles. Knowing where I want to take my life will help me to overcome obstacles or use opportunities to my advantage.